Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Let's talk neutrals!

Louisiana is finally getting some spring weather! While we transition our wardrobes from winter to spring, I'd like to chat about something that has been on my mind...the new neutrals. 

What are you talking about?! Yes indeed! Two new neutrals have joined the family of navy, black, brown, beige and gray. Now not everyone will agree with me on the two new neutrals, but give them a chance. 

The two I am talking about are military green and cheetah! These two are all over fashion and aren't seeing a decline. They have made a place for themselves in almost any outfit. This is why I think we should consider them the new neutral. 


This is the exact jacket that I wear too many times a week! It is from Old Navy and around $50 regular price. The great thing about this color is that you can wear it with those other neutrals and give your outfit and edge. It can also be paired with feminine things to give you a bit of a rocker vibe. 

Seeing how the weather is getting a bit warmer this is always a great go to outerwear because it is a lot lighter than most jackets. And if you are from the south you know our weather can change almost instantly from cold to hot or vice versa. 

Oh cheetah print, how I adore you! This is the bag I bought myself for my birthday in January. It is actually furry! I call cheetah a neutral, because if I am going to wear this bag around for at least a good year it better be something I can pair with almost anything. 

This bag is by Antonio Melani and I found it on sale at Dillards for around $140 regular $300+, so it was cheap if you looked at the original price tag. ;)

The Cheetah Print Rule

The only thing that needs to be known with this new neutral is the cheetah print rule. The rule goes that if you are to wear cheetah print you may only wear ONE piece of cheetah print. Therefore my new bag is the only cheetah print I can wear. If I want to wear these crazy adorable loafers pictured below I would have to change my bag. 


Now I am not being crazy...most would agree with me. Too much of a good thing can go bad, right? The cheetah print rule is simple and there for a reason. Too much animal print and the others around you may start seeing cat like qualities coming out of you. Want to wear the shoes? Change the bag, it's not being high maintenance to do so. 

xoxo J 



No comments:

Post a Comment