Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Stay classy San Diego!

It's that time of year again...journalism conference time! This year The Hawkeye is traveling to sunny San Diego for the ACP National College Journalism Conference. We are ready to compete with the best of the U.S. but we aren't quite packed just yet! The southern California drought has come to an end and our weekend will be filled with 60 degree weather and a whole lot of rain. 



I hate to say I am a last minute packer, but I am. However, I do pack light. So what am I suppose to pack for a cold and rainy weekend in San Diego? My answer is layers! Layering allows me to stay comfortable and cool inside the sessions and warm for night life. 


As far as shoes go flats are always key to traveling. I want to be able to pop them off while going through airport security and have a comfortable shoe while seeing the city. 


Finally, what are some items that are always in my carry on?! My Macbook is always with me. It is my baby and who would ever let their baby leave their side? I always bring my favorite Burt's Bees lip balm, since I always seem to have chapped lips when it's time to travel. A book is always a must no matter how long your flight is. I will have Divergent by Veronica Roth in my bag. Since the movie will release in March I want to get a heads up before seeing it on the big screen. 


Wish the team luck at our conference!! We hope to bring ULM many awards to add to the bunch. And as Ron Burgundy says, "Stay classy San Diego!"

XOXO J


No comments:

Post a Comment